My 14 Favorite Purchases of 2020 (Fashion, Beauty, & Home)
Some good things came out of 2020 afterall! I found some amazing items that I use sooo much! They range from clothes, home items, and beauty products, and I can’t wait to tell you all about why I love them!
Since I love these things so much, I’ve blogged about many before. I will link to any applicable blog posts so you can read more in-depth reviews!
- Rebecca Minkoff X imPRESS Press-on Manicure Okay, any nails by this imPRESS line are amazing, but how gorgeous are these almond-shaped, blinged-out nails?! I was always a die-hard nail salon-goer… I’d be there with bells on to get a pedi and a dip manicure every 2 weeks on the dot! But because of Covid, I haven’t been to the nail salon since before we went to Disney World in February. I began to really miss fancy nails, and although this polish works great, I needed something more special in my life. So on a whim, I ordered some holiday imPRESS press-on nails, and I was impressed (hehe) and hooked!
2. Maybelline Snapscara I use this every day that I put on makeup! (I used it in my easy glowy makeup look, so you can checked it out on me there!) You really need to try this mascara if you haven’t already! It’s my all-time fave!
3. Too Faced Mr. Perfect Foundation Brush This brush 🙌🏻 It’s incredible! I bought it on a whim while shopping for foundation because I was so sick of using my messy beautyblender. (I never thought I would break up with my fave beauty sponge, but it had just become way too messy and time-consuming for me.) This foundation brush is shaped PERFECTLY (hence the name Mr. Perfect) and cuts my application time in half (and pretty much eliminates all mess!). Plus, all I need is one pump of my fave foundation. This brush is saving me! I even got my mom one for Christmas, and she loves it!!
4. BFB Up Clip-in Hair Extension My hair has SUFFERED during Covid. I’ve had my husband cut it, I’ve used box dye (3 times! 🙈). Hopefully 2021 will be my year of the hair, but in the meantime, I’ve been using an updo extension to make my topknot/bun look fuller! It’s so easy to use (Catch it in action on my Reels on Instagram.) Have a look below! (For reference, my hair is very fine and currently shoulder length!)
Note: BFB makes it super easy to match your hair color. They will send you a free sample set of 5 wefts of your choice so you can see which shade you’d like to order!
5. Plaid Shacket from Shein I’ve only ordered from Shein 2-3 times, and I have loved everything I’ve ever gotten! This shirt jacket is no exception. I love the way it fits (bought a medium) and the fact that I can literally wear it as a jacket and a shirt. It makes getting dressed chic and easy.
7. AE Stretch Mom Jeans I started shopping at American Eagle over the summer when I was searching for biker shorts, and I’ve had the tab/app open ever since. Ha! I am in love with their soft and comfy stylish clothes, especially these mom jeans! They are soft, high waisted, and have huge holes (which I love!). They run true-to-size!
8. Ann Taylor Snow Leopard Boyfriend Cardigan My local Ann Taylor gifted me this cardigan right before Christmas, and it’s super plush and cozy! Check it out in action in this video that I posted to Instagram!
9. Leopard Print Waterproof Rain Boot I’ve never owned rain boots in my adult life, and I suffered a ton in wet weather. When I saw these boots during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, I snatched them up so quickly! They are comfortable, stylish, and functional.
10. Amazon Cozy Oversized Pullover Fleece This sweater is sooo soft and warm! It is almost a little too warm to just wear as a sweater (may be fine up north!), but it definitely kept me warm during a bonfire on a chilly fall evening! It also fits amazingly and comes in 18 colors!
11. Aerie Camp Short Of course the animal print drew me in first, but look at how cute the style is! I love the paper bag waist, the tie belt, the cuffs, the material… Everything!
12. King of Christmas Flocked Tree with LED Lights We sadly took the tree down yesterday, but I am so glad we decided to go artificial! This tree is beautiful and made Christmas decorating a breeze! See how I decorated it with gnomes.
13. Rae-Dunn Inspired Hand and Dish Soap Jars For YEARS, I’d been searching for cute matching soap dispensers for the kitchen. This set is perfectly crafted, and the soap comes out easily! If you need new soap dispensers, I can’t recommend these enough. The tray is optional, but I highly recommend it. It’s sturdy and keeps everything looking tidy. See how I use them in my kitchen!
14. Nespresso Creatista Coffee and Espresso Machine by Breville I haven’t been making my usual coffee runs, and this little machine has given me life! I use it every single day! My fave drink to make with it is a cappuccino with cinnamon dolce syrup, but I even used the milk frother to make the girls hot chocolate the other day! It is a little pricey, but it does go on sale sometimes! (I bought it on sale.)
I am so obsessed with it that I put together a cute coffee bar that I cannot wait to share with you!
Phew! That was quite the list! These 14 items have helped me so much. I know they will help you, too! Let me know if you try (or have tried) any. I would love to hear your thoughts!
Shop these items
Click on any image to learn more!