This glowy makeup look and routine is perfect for any time of the year, because it is really neutral and natural-looking! I have been wearing it non-stop during the 2020 crisis because it’s such a simple makeup routine, and it helps me feel put together while I’m stuck at home.
I’m going to share with you the exact makeup products I use to create this glowy look. I use nine products, and the routine takes me only 5 minutes from start to finish. You really cannot beat it! And don’t worry, if you feel lost applying makeup, you will still be able to recreate this makeup look. It is so easy!
Glowy Skin Makeup Products
- Too Faced Born This Way Undetectable Medium-Full Coverage Foundation I have tried a lot of foundations in my day, and many full-coverage foundations turn out looking cakey and dull. I’m on my second bottle of this foundation, and I just can’t get enough! A little goes a long way, and it glides on easily with my favorite foundation brush.
- Boi-ing Cakeless Full Coverage Waterproof Liquid Concealer I can honestly say that this concealer reduces my dark circles considerably. I look about ten times more awake when I wear it! At first, I thought it was too light for me, but I realized it was just the right shade to conceal all the factors that contribute to the look of tired eyes. Bonus: It doesn’t cake into my fine lines.
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Bronzing Powder You would think I’d choose a shimmery bronzer for a glowy look. But since my blush and highlighter are shimmery, I didn’t want to go overboard. This bronzer gives my skin a sun-kissed hue all year round!! Plus, it’s great for contouring.
- wet n’ wild MegaGlo Blushlighter in I Met Someone I met this duo during a collaboration over the summer, and I haven’t stopped using it since. The micro-fine pearl pigments are the key to this glowy look!
- it Cosmetics Bye-Bye Pores Translucent Setting Powder I always dust this translucent powder over my face makeup to set it for the day and minimize any unwanted shine.
- Colourpop California Love Eyeshadow Palette Colourpop has some amazing palettes! All of the shades are super pigmented and soft, which means you can blend them in no time. I only use ONE color from this palette to create this everyday makeup look!
- Maybelline Snapscara If you don’t have this mascara yet, click that button! You NEED it. I’ve never been able to put any mascara on as quickly as I can with Snapscara. Also, I’ve never been able to wash it off as effortlessly either.
- NYX Professional Tinted Brow Mascara If you hate filing in your brows, just forget it! You can use this tinted brow mascara to make brows look fuller and more polished in a heartbeat.
- Vaseline Lip Therapy This stuff keeps my lips feeling moisturized for hours, which is perfect for a glowy look. And I don’t even need a mirror to apply it!
I start by using my foundation brush to smooth on my foundation. Next, I use my finger to apply my under eye concealer. (It’s really pigmented, and I haven’t yet found a brush that works, but I am sure you could try a beauty sponge.)
Then, I sweep the bronzer under my cheekbones, under my hairline, down my nose, and on my chin.
I top the bronzer under my cheekbones with the blush in my MegaGlo duo, and then I brush the highlighter (with a separate, smaller brush) on the tops of my blush lines, under the peaks of my brows, and down the bridge of my nose.
Now, I set my makeup my makeup with the translucent powder before moving onto my eyes.
I dust only the shade “Gnarly” over my eyelids up to my brow bones. (It’s the 2nd shade in the palette.) I call it my “eye foundation.” It evens out and warms my lids.
Next, I add mascara to my top and bottom lashes, and finish the look by sweeping the brow mascara over my brows.
That’s it!! See why it only takes 5 minutes?!