I’m all about simple makeup routines, but I like to mix it up. I’ve been trying a lot of new beauty products lately, which is so fun!
There are so many good ones to love, some of which I discovered through my monthly beauty subscription from Ipsy. I subscribed a few months ago because I needed a makeup refresh, and I love getting 5 full-sized beauty products in the mail every month. Talk about happy mail!
I’m sharing an easy-to-copy makeup tutorial that includes some of my fave makeup products of 2021! Plus, I’ve been utilizing this new makeup hack that gives me a flawless, airbrushed look all day long. You can watch the video to find out… (The hack is near the beginning.)
But if you don’t have time to watch the tutorial just yet, I will let you in on my secret!
Simple Makeup Hack for an Airbrushed Look with Staying Power
First, prep your face with moisturizer/sunscreen. Then, take your favorite translucent setting powder (I use this one by it Cosmetics.) and dust it all over your face. Lastly, spray your face with your favorite makeup setting spray, and let it dry before applying your makeup. I swear this allows me to apply my foundation and concealer so much more easily!
I don’t use the powder or setting spray at the end of my makeup routine, but I’m sure you could! Personally, I haven’t seen a need for it, because my makeup stays put without that now. Maybe it would be helpful on a sweltering hot day? I’ll have to update you when the dog days of summer arrive!
Makeup Products I’ve Been Using on Repeat in 2021
- Maybelline Washable Snapscara – This is not new to me. I discovered it in 2020 and never looked back. Don’t blink! (See what I did there?!) You must try it! It goes on in a SNAP, doesn’t flake or smudge, and is sooooo easy to remove.
- Complex Culture Full Time Eyeshadow Palette – Yet another Ipsy Bag goody, I’ve been wearing this eyeshadow palette on repeat. It contains a combination of shimmery and matte shades of different hue ranges, so you can create looks for day and night in a snap!
- Tinted Brow Mascara – I’ve bought this brow product multiple times. It’s really affordable and does a great job defining and polishing my brows, sans a brow pencil!
- Complexion Rescue Hydrating Foundation Stick Broad Spectrum SPF 25 – I love that I can just swipe some stripes onto my face and blend out! It’s not messy at all and has sunscreen in it, so it’s perfect for traveling or tossing into your purse for touch-ups!
- Boi-ing Cakeless Full Coverage Waterproof Liquid Concealer – This concealer really brightens up my entire eye area and stays in place all day! Plus, it really doesn’t cake or crease!
- Sunkissed Blush – I received this in my Ipsy Glam Bag Plus! Isn’t it just gorgeous?! Look at all the shimmery shades. Watch the tutorial to see how I mix and apply them!
- BECCA Cosmetics Shimmering Skin Perfector Pressed Highlighter – If you’re unsure of which highlighter to try, please, please, please try this one. It is sooo foolproof and way easier to work with than liquid highlighter. You can to build and blend in a cinch!
- Benefit Cosmetics Hoola Matte Bronzer – This may be a bronzer, but it isn’t shimmery, so I love using it for contouring! It really brings my face to life! Watch the tutorial above for tips!
- Item One Hit Prime Set & Refresh Dewy-finish Face Mist – Face mists are all the rage these days. You can use them to prime, set, and refresh makeup. This one calms and soothes with aloe and lavender. Bonus: It’s a clean beauty product!!
- Mr. Perfect Foundation Brush – Get rid of your beauty sponge, because this foundation brush will suit all of your blending needs. It truly is perfect.
- Bye Bye Pores Translucent Loose Setting Powder – I’ve tried many translucent setting powders, and this one is my go-to!
- Kylie Jenner Cosmetics Creme Brulee Lipstick – I got this lipstick as a free gift with purchase from Ulta, and wow, I am so glad I did. This is my first time trying any Jenner/Kardashian makeup, and it certainly won’t be my last.
So what do you think? Will you try this makeup hack?? If you do, let me know how it turns out by leaving me a comment!