August 30, 2019
- Erin loves to utilize all of her fabric scraps, such as the cute gingham trim on the dress and the collar. How cute is that collar?!! It just takes the already adorable dress to a whole other level of adorableness.
- The construction of this dress is so impeccable! I could not get over it when I first saw it. This dress far exceeded my expectations. Just look at the details in my photos!
I didn’t wear this necklace with the dress, but I chose it because I love its sweet boho vibe and the length. Long necklaces are a must in my wardrobe!
Erin really does use all of her resources. The little cuff pouch is so smart and charming! And she used leftover polymer clay from her kids’ school project to design this necklace.
Here’s some information about the jewelry at GarageCouture:
- Erin makes most of her jewelry from broken or repurposed items, including buttons and nails. (Her entire line of nail jewelry sold out!)
- She also made a collection of pendants and earrings made of illustrations from vintage Lithuanian children’s books (also sold out)!
Some Background on GarageCouture Etsy Shop
Erin likes to shop at thrift stores and has always enjoyed sewing and thinking outside the fashion box. So she decided to pair her love of thrift stores and creating to make unique clothing!
She then realized she was really helping reduce the negative impacts the fashion industry can have on the environment.
Her sustainable fashion designs are adorable, and I have partnered with her to do a GIVEAWAY FOR YOU!! One winner can choose anything they want from her shop! Here are just a few of the adorable items.
Here are the rules:
- Like and follow Erin’s Facebook Page.
- Comment on this blog post about your thoughts on sustainable fashion (and my dress) 🙂
That’s it!!! You have 1 week from the publish date to enter the giveaway. I will contact the winner on Oct. 11 and announce it in the comments of this post. Also, Erin will announce it on her Facebook page! Also, be sure to follow her (and me) on Instagram, because we will be doing a separate giveaway there! (@erins_garagecouture, @thatswhatsupblogger)
*Erin gave me the dress and necklace in exchange for an honest review. The decision to review and all opinions are 100% my own.
That’s what’s up in (sustainable) fashion on this Wardrobe Wednesday. This is such a fun giveaway!