August 30, 2019
You guys are going to love this. Tator tots, cheese, beef- Mmmmm what’s not to like? This is one of my go-to dishes. It’s simple, it has few ingredients, it’s delicious… It’s the ultimate comfort food! What’s your go-to comfort food??
Here is what you'll need:
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1.5 tbsp. minced garlic (more or less depending on how much you like it)
- 1.5 tbsp minced onions (You can dice a yellow onion and use that, if you have the time.)
- 1 tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- cooking spray
- 2 cans condensed tomato soup
- 3/4 bag of shredded mozzarella cheese (or Italian blend)
- 2-3 tbsp. grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- 3/4 bag frozen extra crispy tator tots
- 1.5 pounds lean ground beef (not pictured)
- salt and pepper to taste (not pictured)
Here's what you have to do:
- Set your oven to bake ate 400 degrees.
- Pour olive oil into skillet.
- Brown beef on medium heat, stirring in garlic, minced onions, salt, and pepper halfway through.
- Once beef is browned, add the tomato soup, Italian seasoning, and parsley. Lower heat and stir.
- Spray a 9×12 glass dish with cooking spray.
- Pour beef mixture into dish in an even layer.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with frozen tator tots.
- Sprinkle tots with Pecorino Romano.
- Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered and on middle rack.
- Optional- Broil for 3-4 minutes after baking for crispier tots- But be careful not to burn them! It can happen very quickly.
- Use a spatula to scoop out, and ENJOY!
That’s whats up and what’s for dinner! What’s your favorite comfort food? Do you like tator tots as much as I do??
*This is a revived post that first appeared on my site a year ago. Would you like to see more recipe posts? Let me know in the comments!