Monday Must-Haves: Skincare for Sensitive Skin
When I was in my teens and 20s, I didn’t suffer very many skin imperfections. I rarely wore a face full of foundation and concealer and could get away with a sheer tinted moisturizer.
Those days are sadly over for me. I don’t know if it’s my postpartum hormones, too much sun as a kid and teen, or my age, but my skin is now plagued with issues.
With a layer of good foundation and spot treatments of concealer, I’m able to hide most of the issues. But I suffer from intermittent perioral dermatitis (requires an antibiotic) and major melasma (which I’m really insecure about). I’m currently trying Musely, which is an online dermatology company that provides prescription treatment for dark spots. If it works for me, I’ll definitely let you know.
Overall, my skin has become super sensitive. So I wanted to share my favorite (and affordable- You can buy it all on Amazon!) skincare for sensitive skin. They are all fragrance-free and have tons of other perks! Let’s get started!
Vanicream Gentle Facial Cleanser
My dermatologist actually recommended this cleanser to me when I had a bout of perioral dermatitis over the winter. I’ve been using it ever since! Here’s why I like it:
- It’s fragrance-free, which means it’s less irritating. I do love products that smell nice, but my skin cant handle it anymore. It’s also free of other potential irritants such as dyes, parabens, formaldehyde, preservatives, sulfates, gluten, and soap, among other things!!
- Even though it’s super gentle, it removes my makeup, including my favorite mascara!
Thayers Unscented Toner
While the Vanicream cleanser definitely removes all of my makeup, I love to have the peace of mind that I got rid of every trace of dirt or makeup. So I started researching toners for sensitive skin, and after much consideration, I chose this Thayers toner. Why?
- It’s fragrance-free, paraben-free, alcohol-free, and hypoallergenic.
- It contains soothing organic aloe vera and cleansing organic witch hazel.
- I can use it as a cleanser in the morning if I don’t feel like practically submerging my face by traditional cleansing. And it does not dry my skin out AT ALL.
I bought this moisturizer together with the Vanicream cleanser, basically for the same reasons! Let’s get to the goods:
- It’s free of dyes, fragrance, formaldehyde , parabens, and gluten.
- A little goes a very long way. Though it is thick, it’s not greasy or sticky. This tub will last you a very long time, if you only use it on your face. Which brings me to…
- You can use it on your entire body!! So if my next fave isn’t for you, definitely just use this as a body lotion.
- It has the Seal of Acceptance from the National Eczema Association.
- It doesn’t clog my pores.
Curél Wet Skin Body Lotion
I have been using this body lotion for years, and I don’t think I will ever stop. If you want to cut time off of your beauty routine (Who doesn’t?!) and want to have hydrated skin, this is a skincare must-have. Why do I love it??
- The number one reason I adore this lotion is that I can apply it right after I turn off the shower (before I even get out) to wet skin. It glides on smoothly and easily.
- I simply towel-dry, and my skin is moisturized and ready to go in under 1 minute. It takes me way longer to apply moisturizer traditionally!
- It provides lightweight hydration that leaves no residue at all. It’s not sticky!
- It creates a moisture barrier with Advanced Ceramide Complex, which aids in moisture retention.
- The National Eczema Association gave it a Seal of Acceptance!!
If you want sensitive skincare on a budget, these are most definitely worth a try. I love them all!
I’ve gotta try that wet skin lotion! I’m all about staying hydrated and saving time!
When I run out of it, I panic!