How I Clean My Beauty Blender: Are You Spending Too Much Money on Soap?

I had been cleaning my Beauty Blender makeup sponge with anything I could get my hands on… Blender Cleanser, baby wash… But I still wasn’t totally happy with the results.  So I finally took the time to google how to clean a Beauty Blender.  And what did I see?  Countless videos of makeup-lovers cleaning their Blenders with Zote Laundry Soap.  So I thought, “Well goodness.  Maybe that should be how I clean my Beauty Blender!”

I never before heard of Zote.  I don’t know how, because I am kind of a clean freak, it’s only $1 at Walmart, and I am in Walmart pretty frequently.  Like, what?!

Of course I was going to try it out!  And it’s pink.

How I Clean My Beauty Blender- Are you spending too much money on soap?

How I Clean My Beauty Blender: The Details on Zote

The package says “more whitening power.”  Well, that’s kind of key, I think.  That means Zote has the potential to remove some deep stains from the Beauty Blender.  Zote also advertises on the package that it is safe for delicate clothes.  So if I can use it on lace, I’ll use it on my face.

And it’s HUGE!!! 14.1 ounces of pink bar soap that has a clean, floral scent.  At first, I was a little blown away by the massive strength of the scent, but it is kind of growing on me.  If you don’t like loud scents, this one is not for you, as Zote can scent any room just by being in it.

How I Clean My Beauty Blender- Zote

Zote also has a minimum fatty acid content of 66%.  Huh??  Well, I did a little bit of research, and it seems that fatty acids play a huge factor in the efficacy of soap.  Mind blown.  Can you tell I am not a chemist?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin’!

How I Clean My Beauty Blender: Did Zote Get the Job Done?

Take a look at my embarrassingly-stained Beauty Blenders.  I must be using them incorrectly or something, because I haven’t had them terribly long, and they are already tearing!  Well, the tearing is probably related to my own errors, but maybe the stains are stubborn because I have been using junky soap!

How I Clean My Beauty Blender- Zote and dirty sponges

How I Clean My Beauty Blender- Zote and dirty sponges

Here’s what my sponges look like after cleansing with Zote for about 2 minutes apiece.

How I Clean My Beauty Blender- clean sponges

How I Clean My Beauty Blender

Any previous stains are hardly visible now!  As I was cleansing the Blenders, massive amounts of makeup went down the drain.  I was astonished at the high volume of grime since I had recently cleansed with the Blender Cleanser.  (Have you seen the Blender Cleanser Solid??  It’s tiny and costs over $15.  No thank you!  I’ll shell out the dough for the beloved sponges, but they’ve gone too far with the soap.)

How I Clean My Beauty Blender: In Conclusion

I love how clean I was able to get my sponges with the Zote.  Zote Laundry Soap is now the key component in the equation of how I clean my Beauty Blender.  I will definitely repurchase it in the future, whenever that may be.  How long do you think this 1 pound bar of soap will last me??

The only “issue” I have is that my Beauty Blenders definitely inherited the Zote scent.  It doesn’t bother me, but it might bother you.  (Also, this is not an issue for me, but I believe Zote uses some fatty acids from animals, so if you’re vegan, it’s not for you.)  You can buy it here.  I’m not sure why the price is showing as $2.33, because I am almost positive I paid $1, but still, it’s a bargain.

That’s what’s up in beauty today.  What do you use to clean your beauty sponges?  Have you been spending too much money on soap??

Keep in touch!

Join my Facebook group, and promote your blog!!

Welcome!

A fashion, beauty, and lifestyle blog written by Jackie Mikkelson, Instinctively en Vogue is a source of inspiration for busy girls, especially moms like her, who want to be chic while staying comfortable. #stayCHIComfy

Recent Obsessesions

Instagram

Latest Pins!

Archives

Leave a comment!

32 Comments

1. 4.4.17
    ayrgalaxy said:

Interesting! I feel like I’ve seen that bar of soap somewhere else. I wouldnt mind trying it although I currently use Dr Bronner”s pure castile soap and it cleanz my brushes and makeup sponges so well. 🙂

• 4.4.17

I have never heard of Dr Bronner’s products. I’ll have to check those out, too!

• 4.4.17
        ayrgalaxy said:

You can find them in the natural cleaning products isle or soaps. 🙂 a little goes a long way because it has to be diluted anyway

2. 4.4.17

That soap bar is so cute and that pink!! 🙂

3. 4.5.17

This is the answer to all of my Beauty Blender washing prayers! I hope we can get this in the UK?

4. 4.5.17
    Laurie said:

Hi Jackie! I actually started using a silicone sponge. Nothing is absorbed, so you use less product! I purchased mine through Amazon, and I think the brand is Silisponge.
    Laurie

• 4.5.17

Laurie! I have seen those! Does it blend easily?? I LOVE the Beauty Blender because it cuts the time I spend applying foundation and concealer in half.

5. 4.5.17
    beautytutie said:

This is awesome.. I’ve heard about this soap but I was skeptical. I’ve had 2 beauty blenders tear on me while trying to get stains out using the $15 beauty blender soap. I can’t wait to try this out for myself!

• 4.5.17

Oh wow, you know what?? I bet that is how I tore mine! That darn Blender Solid!! They probably make it that way so you keep buying sponges!! Now I am mad. LOL

6. 4.5.17

Ok, this is crazy! I can’t beleive how clean you got your beauty blender and how cheap this is. I’d say this is a winner!

7. 4.5.17

I just tend to use baby shampoo for my beauty blender. I would love to try this but I’ve never seen it in the UK!

8. 4.5.17
    Melanie said:

I think this will last you FOREVER, I really need something to clean my beauty blender. Thank you for this post.

9. 4.5.17
    Brownsugarglam said:

I normally just use dove soap. I haven’t really tried anything else, and it seems to be working well.

10. 4.5.17

WOW! I have tried everything under the sun to get my makeup sponges clean and now I just buy knew ones because it’s never seems to work! I will have to try this out! Thanks for sharing 🙂

11. 4.5.17
    lovelucex said:

Great post! I wish we had Zote in UK! I will find an equivalent and give it a go as mine tear and a very stained at the moment too x

• 4.6.17

Thanks!! I think they tear when you’re trying to clean them with mediocre soap!! This one is amazing. I just cleaned it again tonight. Takes seconds!!

12. 4.5.17

I tried this a couple years ago on my makeup brushes and didn’t care for it because it left a film on them. I think I’ll have to try it again for my beauty blenders though!

• 4.5.17

I haven’t tried it in brushes yet, but I could see that!! Brushes are a whole different animal. I just bought some Real Techniques cleanser for them that I am overdue to try. The Blenders always get first cleaning haha

13. 4.6.17
    Nyxloves said:

This pink soap looks fab and cute too. I got the Beauty Blender soap with the sponge so I use that. I wish I get this soap in Dubai, I would love to use it. 🙂

• 4.6.17

Oh I wish you could, too! It works so much better than the Blender soap. I just threw away my Blender cleanser because I figured I would never use it again.

14. 4.6.17

Oh you totally have to try it!! And get this soap!

15. 4.6.17

Im so bad at this. I use dawn and olive oil, and sometimes just hot water. Im so picky about my brushes becasue I ahte drying them out or damaging them. Thank you for this. I will keep my eye out. xoxo

• 4.6.17

Well I can’t speak for brushes, because I never tried Zote on them (I am not sure that I will), but the Zote definitely does not seem to dry out my Blender.

16. 4.6.17
    xoJenny said:

Wow Zote literally looks like a miracle soap bar. I actually stopped using my beauty blender because I never really knew how to thoroughly clean them and after a while I was like ugh I might as well just throw it out and buy a new one but I never ended up buying a new one. Although now I miss having one and may have to get both a blender and a zote soap bar!

xo, JJ

• 4.6.17

You have to! Don’t buy the Blender soap- I think that is what tore my Blenders! I am so mad. The gunk comes out sooo easily with Zote, and you cannot beat the price!

17. 4.7.17
    Claire Talks Beauty said:

i want to check if this soap is available in canada. i really want to try it !

clairetalksbeauty.com

18. 5.22.17

Doesn’t it make sense?! I had never thought to use some sort of laundry soap. This one really works and has not irritated my skin or anything. It’s a keeper! Let me know how the soap you have works!

%d bloggers like this: