This post is sponsored by Flexitol.
I’ve erred on the side of safety when it comes to the Covid pandemic and forwent my biweekly pedicure appointments. My foot care has taken a huge hit, especially since I have my little ones here 24/7!
Since spring is swiftly approaching (yay!), I finally learned how to do a quick and easy at-home pedicure. (Scaly feet are NOT cute in sandals.) I get salon-worthy results with little mess or hassle and have eliminated my dry feet with the best foot lotion ever! And I achieve polished toenails without any nail polish. You heard me… no nail polish!!
Here are the 5 essentials I use for my DIY pedicure:
- Epsom salt
- pedicure tools or kit (I simply use a nail file, cuticle clippers, and nail clippers.)
- cuticle oil
- press-on nail kit
- extras: anything to enhance the experience and create an ambiance! Think scented candles, relaxing music, essential oils, massaging foot tub, etc.
DIY Pedicure steps
- Add a few handfuls of Epsom salt to a bowl or foot tub and fill with warm water. Epsom salt is thought to be a stress reliever, which makes it great for foot care . Tip: You could even add some scented essential oil to the warm water/Epsom salt mix!
3. Trim any excess cuticle with a cuticle trimmer + clip and file nails if necessary.
4. Massage in cuticle oil. I love this lavender scented one!
5. Massage a small amount of Flexitol Heel Balm onto heels, bottoms of feet, and on any dry, callused spots. (See photos of my heels before and after I used Flexitol towards the bottom of the post!)
6. Open the nail prep pad that comes inside your press-on nail set and clean each nail thoroughly.
7. Find the correct sizes of press-on nails for each of your toes, press them on, and you’re done! You’ve got a salon-worthy pedicure, and your feet are ready for spring shoes!
Why Flexitol is a Must!
I had visible results after my first use. See for yourself!! None of my other lotions were helping my cracked feet, which resulted in a persistent itchy patch that kept me up at night! Now, if I don’t sleep well at night, I can’t blame itchy feet!
Flexitol Heel Balm is clinically proven to moisturize and nourish deep below the surface of your skin, all without petroleum, salicylic acid, sodium lauryl sulfate, parabens, and gluten. And it absorbs so quickly, which means no slippery tootsies!
The best part about Fexitol is that it’s a multi-tasker for foot care… It moisturizes, softens AND exfoliates. If you didn’t already notice, I did not include exfoliation in my DIY pedicure steps, which is super convenient for my busy mom-life routine. Who can argue with a quick, effective pedicure that produces little to no mess!
Now your feet are more than ready for spring!!
Shop my other at-home pedicure essentials below!