Welcome back to Style Tip Tuesday! Yellow is trending in fashion for the 2017 summer season. Afraid of bright colors? Don’t be! I am going to show you a few looks of my own, as well as share some other faves on my wish list. Plus, I’m giving you a few style tips on how to wear yellow this summer. I think you’ll be saying, “Hello, yellow!” by the end of this post! Don’t forget that you can shop all of the items I feature.
*This post may contain affiliate links.
Yellow Summer Outfit #1
I never really wore much yellow. I really don’t have a reason why, other than that blush tones have taken over my closet. But now that yellow is a part of the 2017 summer fashion trends, I’ve embraced it. Plus, pineapples are yellow, and we all know about my obsession with pineapples. In case you missed it, check out my Pineapple Chic Style Tip Tuesday!
Speaking of pineapples, this pineapple pleat skirt totally inspired this post. I was initially drawn to the skirt because of the large pineapple print and the trendy pleats, but then I fell in love with its perfect shade of mellow yellow. I immediately began searching for a top to wear with it, and I ended up purchasing two! Which one do you like better?
And can we take a moment to talk about how both tops and the skirt are from Target?! I go in there for groceries and come out with a cart load of clothes. Tip: It’s smart to purchase trendy fashion from places like Target (unless you are in the money-tree growing business) because the pieces are fairly inexpensive. No need to invest in super trendy items.
Yellow Summer Outfit #2
It’s no secret that black and yellow pair well together, but sometimes I feel that if they are too close to one another, you could risk looking like a bumble bee. Since I’m wearing a solid black top in the outfit below (the same exact black cami I wore in outfit #1!!), I accessorized with a bright yellow bag. The bag is so bright, and the flared jeans are quite unique, so a basic black top is a no-brainer here. (I scored these amazing jeans during the Nordstrom Half-Yearly Sale!)
Notice that I did not add any other yellow to the outfit besides the bold bag. (I have had this one for a few years, and finally brought it out of retirement when I saw that yellow was making a come-back.) And you know what? I used the same exact accessories and lipstick in both outfits. Neutral accessories + pop of yellow + bold lip = chic.
Style Tips for Wearing Yellow
- Don’t overdo it. If you choose a yellow dress like this one, then choose accessories of a different coordinating color. (I did not carry my yellow bag with the yellow pineapple skirt. It would have been overkill. Instead, I opted for the mini black backpack I featured in last week’s style tip.)
- Black and white aways look great with yellow, but don’t be afraid to add yellow accessories to a bright pink dress! Again, just make sure not to overdo it.
- Add a bold lip. Bright pinks and red shades really contribute to the happiness of the look. I didn’t even go for a neutral lip (my fave) because it just didn’t feel right.
- Keep it fun! That’s what summer is all about!
Here are some fun yellow pieces that are on my wish list! (I already own a couple.)
1.Open-Shoulder Flounce Dress
2. Power Semiprecious Stone Beaded Bracelet (High on my wish list!)
3. Mini Feed Unlined Bag
4. Graphic Boyfriend Tee
5. Tinted Sunglasses
6. Lightweight Medium Crossbody Bag with Tassel
7. Darling Off the Shoulder Top
8. Poppy iPhone 7 and 7 Plus Case
9. Surplice Romper
10. C’est La Vie Floppy Straw Hat
11. Michael Kors Selma Sunflower Mini Crossbody Bag (on sale!)
12. Pineapple Pleat Skirt
That’s what’s up on this Style Tip Tuesday. Are you saying, “Hello, Yellow yet?! What’s your summer style? Let me know if you have any other style tips!
Have you joined my Beauty and Fashion Blog Squad on Facebook? Other supportive blogging gals are ready and willing to help you get your blog noticed! See you there!