Welcome back to Style Tip Tuesday! I love to accessorize my outfits! It’s super fun and makes me feel more put-together than I otherwise would have. And since casual is my middle name, I am giving you style tips on how to accessorize casual wear. I’m showing you how to amp your outfits by choosing the accessories that complement one another, as well as how to know how much is too much. Shop my outfit throughout the post!
[wc_heading title=”How to Accessorize Casual Wear: My Outfit Components” type=”h2″ margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” text_align=”left” font_size=”” color=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=”” icon_spacing=”” class=””]
*This post may contain affiliate links.
I was lucky enough to find this Chaser Brand flamingo top at Marshalls a month ago, and I couldn’t find the exact same one for you on any website. However, you can shop for Chaser Brand items at Nordstrom, Nordstrom Rack, and TJ Maxx, and I have linked a few similar (and cute) flamingo tops for you below as well.
1. Gorjana Circle Drop Hoop Earrings
2. Kate Spade Sunglasses
4. Hudson Nico Mid Rise Skinny Jeans
5.Mini Faux Leather Backpack (Mine is from Target, but it seems unavailable online. Click here to see a cute canvas backpack from the same line!)
6.Converse Dainty Ox
7.Alex and Ani Bangle- Live a Happy Life
8. Alex and Ani Bangle- You Are Enough
9. Sun Hat
11. Forever 21 Mini Backpack
12. Chaser Flamingo Tank (Similar here)
[wc_heading title=”How to Accessorize Casual Wear: Building the Outfit” type=”h2″ margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” text_align=”left” font_size=”” color=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=”” icon_spacing=”” class=””]
In my opinion, this outfit is pretty cute on it’s own. Hot pink flamingos, skinnies with the ideal shade of worn gray, and Converse give this outfit solid bones. (Converse are a casual wear staple. I love the Dainty Ox version.)
The 2017 fashion trends are on point. There are just way too many currently trending styles I enjoy wearing: flamingos, pineapples, pom poms, overalls… I just want it ALL.
I am going to show you how I gradually amped this outfit. As I continued adding accessories, the outfit looked better and better! But I had to know when to stop.
I have to admit something… I didn’t add the choker initially (mainly because I had to get out the door in a hurry and didn’t have a chance.) So I had run some errands (hence, the casual wear) sans necklace. Did the outfit still look polished? Yes! It was just more on the ordinary side. (Try to picture the outfit without the choker…)
I hadn’t run out the door without my bangles, of course. I feel naked without them! But I was careful not to pile on too many. And I carried my new mini backpack, which is such a refreshing accessory- I thoroughly enjoy not having a cross-body bag flopping all around. Next, I added pink sunglasses to complement the flamingos. These happy sunnies totally gave my look a jolt of energy!
But hey, you can’t have almost-summer sun without a sun hat! Don’t you think the hat totally puts the exclamation point on the ensemble?! And the black lace bralette just covers all the bases and ties the look together. I’m accessorized in 360-degree fashion!
[wc_heading title=”How to Accessorize Casual Wear: The Final Takeaway” type=”h2″ margin_top=”” margin_bottom=”” text_align=”left” font_size=”” color=”” icon_left=”” icon_right=”” icon_spacing=”” class=””]
1. If you question whether or not adding a certain accessory is too much, it probably is. The accessory is probably one too many, or it simply doesn’t complement the others. (Note: I only accessorized 1 wrist. I felt both would be too much.) If you really can’t live without wearing the accessory in question, you should probably remove another one.
2. Try to keep at least one main color throughout your accessories in any particular outfit.
3. Accessorize in 360-degree fashion. The choker and the sunnies totally complete the look in the front, and the sun hat and backpack complete it in the back. The hat, backpack, choker, and bralette all have common black threads. Common gold accents run through the backpack, sunnies, and jewelry as well.
That’s what’s up on this Style Tip Tuesday. These accessories are just jiving with one another! Do you agree? How do you like to accessorize?
[wc_social_icons format=”default” columns=”float-center” maxheight=”48″ class=””][/wc_social_icons]
Need more style tips? Check back every Tuesday for new ones! Also, subscribe so you never miss what’s up!