Graphic tees are my jam! They allow you to be comfortable without being boring. And they make a statement! Since I have so many (can’t. stop. buying. them.), I wanted to innovate the way I wear them. It’s so easy to just reach for my favorite jeans, so i wanted to step outside my comfort zone and pair the tees with skirts. For Style Tip Tuesday, I’m showing you how to wear graphic tees with skirts. I could have kept creating skirt + graphic tee outfits FOREVER if I had the time!
How to Wear Graphic Tees with Skirts: The Ruffled Mini
Let me start off by saying I literally just bought this graphic tee at Target two days ago. They have some of the best tees ever! When I saw this one, I immediately added it to my pile in the cart. The price is
always usually right at Target, so it was a no-brainer.
I have had this skirt in my closet for years! It has such staying power. You can’t go wrong with the length, the chambray, the ruffles, the buttons, the high-waist… Check it out over the famed LuLaRoe Carly Dress! I swear, this skirt is so versatile.
So since I can wear this skirt so many different ways, I decided to do a blue-on-blue outfit with it. (I feel like chambray + blue or denim + blue is a huge trend right now.) And since the skirt is light and fun, this tee is the perfect companion for it!
Yea, I look like I am really hustling, don’t I?? Ha! Here’s an extra style tip: If you’ve already gone this far with quirkiness, you might as well go all out. Hence, I added floral high-top Converse and a collar necklace. Done and done!
This post may contain affiliate links. See my disclaimer for more information.
How to Wear Graphic Tees with Skirts: The High-Waisted Pencil
This cropped “Très” tee goes perfectly with a slinky black skirt! I found it at Marshall’s a year ago for $7.99. No lie!! Look at the beading on it! The shininess of the letters totally compliments the sheen of the skirt. And my pearls? They are authentic Fenghui Pearls from Shanghai (a gift from hubby).
I couldn’t find the tee, but I have linked some similar items for you in case you want to recreate the look for yourself!
Purse: Louis Vuitton
How to Wear Graphic Tees with Skirts: Tulle
I am going to let the captions do the talking here…
Isn’t this look sweet, fun, and flirty all at the same time? And of course, it is perfect for Taco Tuesday! (P.S. I am wearing my JORD watch in the first and third looks.) And here is another style tip: Tulle skirts really can go with ANY top (as long as it’s the right length). I feel like I should do a tulle skirt challenge…
T-Shirt Trends for 2017
You really cannot go wrong with a graphic tee. They make a statement without compromising comfort. Whether you’re a girl or a guy, you’ve got to have a range of graphic tees handy in your wardrobe! If you want to stay on-trend, you have got to read these insights from Design Hill:
“Contrary to popular belief, design trends do not pop-up instantly, instead their popularity grows gradually till it becomes a trend. It has been seen that clothing trends are reflection of what is currently going on in the society. For t shirts the design trend for the year 2017 represents bold and daring. The year sees few previous trend emerging again with few new trends in t shirt design. Let’s take a look at these trends-
- Nature Inspired T shirts– Environment has been a matter of discussion all across the globe and t shirts with its catchy phrases and slogans have been best way to garner attention and create awareness. The year 2017 would see nature themed t shirt design with big floral print, earth prints, animal inspired prints, etc.
- Cartoon Tees– They have been in trend before and they are back in trend now. For the people young at heart, these colorful cartoon themed design are surely going to be a part of their wardrobe.
- Gothic Design t shirt– Said to be the new black in design trend, Gothic designed t shirts are going to rule 2017. With their unique design element such as pirate skulls, skeleton ancient seascapes, etc., these t shirts fill the consumer with excitement.
- Feathered Fantasy Design– Taking inspiration from the color and exotic nature of feathers, t shirts with feather design is a popular trend in 2017. With its vibrant color combination this t shirt design creates a good and positive vibe.
- Floral Design T shirt– An evergreen t shirt design that is wore by men and women alike. With designs such as blurry blooms, watercolor prints, etc. the trend represents romance and is must for your wardrobe collection.
How many of these t shirts do you have? Do you think any other design trend that is going to be a popular trend in 2017? Share your views. Also, take a look at the infographic below to get a quick view of the t shirt design trends.”
Check out these t-shirt trend predictions for 2017 by Design Hill.
That’s what’s up on this Style Tip Tuesday. How do you style your tees? Do you like to wear graphic tees with skirts? Let’s come up with some more ideas in the comments!
Have you joined my Beauty and Fashion Blog Squad on Facebook? Other supportive blogging gals are ready and willing to help you get your blog noticed! See you there!