Hey, beautiful people! It has been at least a year since I went for a BB cream. I don’t really know why, other than that I was really digging my foundation. Plus, after I had babies, my skin got more uneven and just yuck at times, so maybe I thought foundation would give me more coverage. Do you think I’ll be able to use this e.l.f. BB cream place of my current medium-full coverage foundation? Read on!
The signature black containers of the e.l.f containers are sleek and to the point, but my favorite part about the packaging is that I don’t have to squeeze the tube to get the product: The pump is a standout feature and made me feel like the cream was a regular foundation. Since I am a foundation girl, this is a total plus. A pump makes it easier to get the makeup out and leaves less chance of a mess than a squeeze tube.
The consistency is definitely synonymous with what a BB cream actually is: a foundation and a moisturizer. It feels slightly stickier than the foundation I normally use, which is most likely because of the moisturizer and SPF the cream contains. It didn’t bother me though. It glided on smoothly and blended with little effort, and I only used my fingertips.
Here is a photo of my skin bare, with no foundation or concealer. (I was, however, wearing under eye concealer. I didn’t want you to have to run away from your phone or computer screen screaming lol.) As you can see, there are some uneven spots regarding color.
Here is a photo of my skin immediately after I applied the e.l.f. BB Cream- No blush, highlighter, powder, or anything of the sort. You will see that the product did a good job of evening out my skin tone.
And here is my finished look. I added blush, highlighter, and some finishing powder to set the cream and keep it from looking too shiny. (Note: I did not feel the need to add any concealer.) Now I am officially ready to go outside. Ha!
- It saves time because it contains moisturizer and sunscreen, so you don’t have to apply those separately, and it is very easy to blend. I need to add this product to my post 4 Drugstore Beauty Items that Save Me Time in the Morning!.
- The price is is budget-friendly, at $6.00.
- It has anti-aging components and nourishes your skin.
- It lasts all day.
- It evens out skin tone and hides imperfections without the need for concealer.
- The pump makes for less mess and waste.
- You probably need a little bit of finishing powder. The BB cream leaves your skin a little shiny. (Some people might be okay with this.)
- I am not sure how long this tube will last. I have a feeling it will run out pretty quickly, but I’ll have to report back on that.
Do you think this cream got the job done? I am really happy with it. The coverage is not as sheer as I expected and is perfect for everyday use. Which makeup do you prefer: traditional foundation or BB cream? Please comment and let me know which and if you have a favorite brand. 🙂 Also, let’s stay connected- Leave your social media info. as well!
That’s what’s up and in my makeup bag right now. Have you tried this BB cream? Do you have a different favorite?