August 30, 2019
Hi, all! I hope you’re enjoying the weekend. I wanted to reblog this early post of mine, since I created it the same week I created the blog. If you want to get to know me a little, read on! 🙂
If you really think about it, our lives are so incredibly busy that we often don’t pay enough attention to the good stuff. The stuff that we appreciate…the stuff that keeps us ticking. So I decided to sit down and compile a list of things that bring me joy on a daily basis so that I can be more aware of them in the future. I challenge you to do the same!
Here it goes…
- My family. I have a husband who works hard and wants me to be happy. I have the two best little girls on the planet who are gifts from God and make me laugh every single day. I have the most supportive parents in the world who have been there for me through thick and thin. My older brother (and my only sibling) has always looked out for me. And I am lucky to have amazing and fun extended family and in-laws.
- My friends. I have encountered and acquired friends from various stages of my life, and many of them are like family to me. We get each other. And even if we don’t get to see each other that often, everything is the same when we do.
- Animals. Especially my own pets, both living and deceased. My cat, Milton. My dog (my parents’ dog) Rocky. Cocker Spaniels in general make my heart palpitate.
- Wine. Most of the items on this list are not really in any particular order, but this one had to be towards the top. Need I say more?
- WaWa coffee. If you haven’t tried it, or don’t live near a WaWa, I am sorry.
- Sunshine. Instant mood-lifter and nice to look at. Even better if it is 70 degrees. 🙂
- Vacuuming. It may be a chore, but seeing and listening to cat fur, crumbs, and chunks of dried up Play Doh get sucked into a vacuum is an enormous form of instant gratification.
- The Bachelor/The Bachelorette. See my post “For the Love…”
- McDonald’s. There is nothing like some hot Mickey D fries and a Quarter Pounder Deluxe…or some Nuggets…or an Egg McMuffin…or any of it.
- Music. Especially while driving.
- Bargain stores. Please and thank you. Check out my post “The Goods for Less”. There are going to be more where that came from…
- Massages. Deep tissue. They really help with my scoliosis.
- Anything lavender-smelling. Bubble bath, lotion, pillow mist, hand soap…
- An empty laundry basket. Doesn’t happen too often.
- Us Weekly. I love knowing about celebrities’ lives. It fascinates me.
- The Beach. Just everything about it.
- A new mani/pedi.
- Fresh, clean bedding.
- Books. Especially any by Liane Moriarty or Elin Hilderbrand.
- Watching Jeopardy over dinner with my husband.
- Sarcasm. I really have a blast reading those sarcastic Ecards on Pinterest.
- Netflix. It’s just always there for me.
- Friends. Over and over and forever.
- A good night’s sleep.
- Hearing Christmas bells on commercials.
- Listening to birds sing in the spring. So refreshing!
- Scented candles. To go with the seasons.
- A brand-new tube of mascara. My favorite is Chanel Inimitable in black.
- Fall colors.
- Donuts. Especially in the morning, and definitely from WaWa.
- Teaching. Being in the classroom and getting creative with lessons is so fulfilling.
- Online purchases delivered to my door. It makes me so excited and gives me something to look forward to.
- Eating out. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or brunch.
- Christmas music. But only at Christmastime.
- The Olympics. I like to live vicariously and really feel the athletes’ victories.
- Organizing. I’m happy when clutter is at bay.
- A good hair day.
- Not having to worry about the time for a day or two.
- Good health.
- New car smell.
- Bath and Body Works Wallflowers.
- That feeling you get when you begin a vacation somewhere. Exploring the hotel and the area.
- A new purse or bag.
- Surprises. Good ones, of course.
- Giving gifts.
- Trying new recipes. It’s the best when they turn out delicious and can get thrown into the rotation.
- Dressing up. It’s like a princess moment.
- Feeling appreciated.
This LIST makes me happy. So I guess that’s #51! And I could have easily made it to 100. So if you ever find that your mood needs a boost (and you will), take a look at your list (or create one if you haven’t already done so.) I hope you enjoyed getting to know a little more about me. I would love to see your list and learn a little more about you! If you want to share, add your list in a link below in the comments section. No blog? No problem. You can still share!
That’s what’s up for now. Join my journey on Instagram and Youtube at thatswhatsupblogger and on Pinterest and Twitter at mikkjack. I also have a FB page- thatswhatsup.me. Check back soon for more inspiration!