It’s going to be a little chilly for the first weekend in April, so you’ll need to warm up with this delicious soup. If you like tacos (who doesn’t?), your tastebuds will love this soup. You can thank me later. 🙂
You probably have most of these ingredients on hand.
- 1-1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef (not pictured)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- One med. green bell pepper, diced
- One med. yellow onion, diced
- 1 tbsp. minced garlic
- 1 tbsp. parsley
- 2 tsp. chilli powder
- salt and pepper (not pictured)
- 16 oz jar of medium picante sauce (mild if you don’t like much heat)
- 32 oz box of beef broth (I choose lower sodium, and if you only have chicken broth around, that works, too!)
- 14.5 oz can of diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 cup of dried pasta mini wheels (Small shells or elbows also do the trick.)
- Optional: any kind of shredded cheddar cheese for topping
- Optional: sour cream for topping
- Optional: tortilla chips for topping (I love Tostitos scoops!)
- Heat oil in medium saucepan.
- Add diced peppers and onions and sauté on med. heat for a few minutes, being careful not to burn them.
- Add beef to pan and brown, adding garlic and any salt and pepper halfway through browning.
- Stir in picante sauce, diced tomatoes, broth, parsley, chill powder, and dried pasta.
- Turn heat to high and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring periodically.
- Scoop into bowls and top with cheese, sour cream, chips, and anything else you like.
That’s what’s up and what’s keeping you warm and happy on the upcoming chilly spring weekend. Mmmmm…